Top Spot of the Week: RSA's Jake Scott Directs "Art of Harmony" for Microsoft, m:united//McCann
As we look to regroup after a year marked by an inordinate dose of divisiveness and negativity, Microsoft’s “Art of Harmony” Xmas campaign spotlights a group of eight real-life people:
- Joel Artista is an artist, educator and advocate for social change through community-based public art.
- Zianna Oliphant is a child activist, who pleaded to the Charlotte City Council for equality and for the fighting to stop.
- Bobby White is a Florida police officer nicknamed the “basketball cop” after a video of him playing ball with local kids, rather than busting them after a complaint, went viral.
- Hawa Diallo is a West African refugee artist who discovered her need to create in her mid-40s to express the beauty and pain of her experiences.
- Jazz Jennings is the youngest person to publicly identify herself as transgender, and is now a national role-model and activist for transgender youth.
- Zea Bowling is a 7-year old first grader who stood firm in the face of hate during a celebration of the Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage.
- Christopher Catrambone is an entrepreneur who founded the Migrant Offshore Aid Station, a global search and rescue charity for migrants crossing the Mediterranean Sea.
- Mona Haydar is a Muslim-American activist who invites people to come “ask a Muslim” over free coffee and doughnuts.
Microsoft wanted to lift people up and remind them that ordinary folks can make a difference. The message focuses on the spirit of the holidays, people coming together and celebrating what is good and right with the world—what unites us, instead of what divides us. An anthem commercial--directed by Jake Scott of RSA Films--shows this group of seven proactive people working together using Microsoft Surface Studio to create a peace mural. The film ends with the words, “When the world seems divided, coming together can be a beautiful thing.”
Client Microsoft Agency m:united//McCann, NY Sean Bryan, Tom Murphy, co-chief creative officers; Daniela Vojta, Susan Young, Jim Hord, executive creative directors; Daniel Kim, Todd Brown, Chris McMurtrey, Scott Higgins, Roberto Baibich, creative directors; Nick Ciomperlik, Susan Goerg, associate creative directors; David Cappolino, copywriter; Julie Koong, Alicia Foor, art directors; David Cliff, director of creative technology; Aaron Kovan, director of integrated production; Jeremy Adirim, director of interactive production; Melissa Tifrere, Mal Senecal, sr. producers; Rebecca Magner, producer; Charlotte Popper, interactive producer; Eric Johnson, executive integrated music producer; Sam Belkin, music coordinator. Production RSA Films Jake Scott, director; David Mitchell, producer; Chris Soos, DP; Howell Caldwell, 1st A.D.; Jason Groves, line producer. Editorial Rock Paper Scissors Biff Butler, editor; Mike Shugarmen, assistant editor; Eva Kornblum, exec producer; Lisa Barnable, producer. Finishing/VFX The Mill Melanie Wickham, exec producer; Kate Kolombatovich, producer; Barnsely Wood, lead Flame artist. Music “Beauty in the World” by Macy Grey. Audio Post Sonic Union Mike Marineli, mixer; Justine Cortale, sound director. Color The Mill Fergus McCall, colorist.
Recent SHOOT News Stories
Recent SPW Releases
"The Visit" won the U.S. Short Film Award Of Excellence at the Catalina...
To introduce their newest offering, Zing, maker of StikBot brand stop...
The Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP), the nation’s premier member...
Kerry Brougher, Director of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures,...
Romain Quirot ’s short film, The Last Journey of the Enigmatic Paul W.R...