- Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014
Submissions for the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards (IATSE Local 706) honoring outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials, and live theater open today, October 16, 2014. Submissions will be made online at www.local706.org. This year's Awards will take place on Saturday, February 14, 2015 at Paramount Studios Theatre. The official announcement came from IATSE Local 706 President Sue Cabral-Ebert.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5 PM (PT). The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (MUAHS) members will vote to determine the nominations. Further inquiries regarding the MUAHS Awards rules should be directed to Kathy Sain in the MUAHS Awards Office at (818) 295-3933, email: email@example.com. For a complete list of the MUAHS Awards Rules and Regulations, visit www.local706.org.
The entry/voting timeline for the 2015 Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards is as follows:
• Thursday, October 16, 2014 - Submissions for MUAHS Awards Open
• Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Voting begins for Lifetime Achievement Awards
• Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 5PM (PT) - Voting closes for Lifetime Achievement Awards
• Wednesday, November 5, 2014 - 2015 Lifetime Achievement Recipients Announced
• Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5 PM (PT) - Submissions Close
• Monday, December 8, 2014 - Voting Begins for Nominations
• Tuesday, January 6, 2015 - Voting Closes for Nominations
• Thursday, January 8, 2015 - Nominations Announced
• Monday, January 19, 2015 - Final Ballot Voting Begins
• Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 5 PM (PT) - Final Ballot Voting Closes
• Saturday, February 14, 2015 - Winners Announced at the Local 706 Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards
*All dates subject to change
The 2015 Distinguished Artisan Award will be announced shortly. Honorees for the two Lifetime Achievement Awards honoring one outstanding make-up artist and one outstanding hair stylist will be announced on November 15, 2014.
About Local 706
The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, membership includes over 1,800 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood's most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the Internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials; "live" network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland Resort. Local 706 members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Entertainment Emmys®, Saturns®, BAFTA Awards® and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry, including their own Hollywood Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards®. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. The official website can be found at www.local706.org