- Thursday, Sep. 29, 2016
SHOOT®, the leading website and publication for commercial and entertainment production & post has an exciting line up of articles, including a cross-section of features, interviews and charts, to be published on October 28 across all SHOOT digital platforms and SHOOT's October/November 2016 print issue that will be in readers hands October 28.
The issue is sure to be read thoroughly and kept for future reference, providing production, post, vfx & animation, music & sound companies, manufacturers and rental companies, locations, creative and business services with an ideal environment in which to promote their rosters, services and products to their potential clients at ad agencies, brands, movie studios, TV/Cable/Online networks, independent filmmakers and production/post-related companies.
Now is the ideal time for banner and print advertising!
- October/November is the time that your potential clients plan end of the year projects and think about their upcoming production and post company, digital solutions and equipment needs so promote what your company has to offer on SHOOTonline.com, The SHOOT>e.dition weekly email newsletter and SHOOT Magazine...
- Do you have company news, recent awards or new addition to your roster? If so, tell your potential clients about it with an ad promoting the work and your talented directors, DPs, editors and other artisans involved!
- With both of our quarterly Top Ten Charts coming up -- The Top Ten Music Tracks Chart --and-- The Top Ten VFX & Animation Chart -- all Music & Sound and VFX & Animation cos. have a great opportunity to promote to potential clients already looking at great work - tell them about yours!
- With SHOOT's annual "Road to Oscar Series" kicking off on October 28 with a special prequel feature, now is the ideal time for early FYC advertising.
- If your company is involved in Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality -- from production to post to cameras to collaboration to storage -- our next sponsored feature provides a fantastic marketing opportunity that includes participation in the feature plus a long list of digital and print promotion.
Print & Banner Rates & Bonuses
Advertiser Bonus #1:
PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site in PDF version of issue posted on SHOOTonline for additional readers to view/download.
Advertiser Bonus #2:
With a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad, you'll receive 180x150 Banner space on the 10/31 special "Directors" SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter that goes to 28,000 opt-in subscribers. ($375. value)
With a 1/2 to Full Page Ad, you'll receive 180x150 Banner space on the 10/28, 10/31 special "Directors" and 11/4 SHOOT>e.ditions. (value: $1,125.)
Here's a look at what's planned for the October/November Issue
(all content will also debut on SHOOTonline & The SHOOT>e.dition on 10/28)...
Profiles of leading Entertainment and Commercial Directors, including...
- Garth Davis--A DGA Award Commercial Director of the Year nominee in 2010, reflects on his feature directorial debut, "Lion," which is already generating Oscar buzz this awards season.
- Alma Har'el who launched the Free The Bid initiative to open up more opportunities for women commercial directors.
- Kirsten Johnson, a documentary cinematographer and director, makes a high-profile directorial imprint with the acclaimed doc "Cameraperson"
- David Mackenzie who sheds light on his critically acclaimed "Hell or High Water"
- Ted Melfi, a veteran commercialmaker, wraps "Hidden Figures," his 2nd feature after making an auspicious movie debut with "St. Vincent."
- Jeff Nichols discusses Oscar contender "Loving" and his Olympics foray into commercials
- Luke Scott, an accomplished spotmaker who in recent years has helped to define original movie marketing shorts, reflects on "Morgan," which marks his feature directorial debut
Cinematographers & Cameras
SHOOT connects with noted DPs who shed light on their recent work, choice of cameras, and collaborative relationships with directors...
- Paul Cameron. ASC, who shares backstory and his creative approach to the pilot of the upcoming HBO series "Westworld"
- Elliot Davis who shot "The Birth of a Nation"
- Giles Nutgens who talks about his contributions to the lauded feature "Hell or High Water"
- Adam Stone reflects of his track record of collaboration with director Jeff Nichols, their latest feature film being "Loving." Stone also recently lensed Nichols' first commercial, a P&G Olympics-themed spot which is a continuation of the successful "Proud Sponsor of Moms" campaign.
The Road to Oscar, The Prequel
An annual tradition, SHOOT kicks off its annual 15-Part Road to Oscar series with a Prequel feature setting the stage for the future installments. We kick off with interviews and profiles of executives and artisans generating early Oscar buzz.
SHOOT speaks with...
- Editor Jake Roberts reflects on "Hell or High Water"
- Editor Steven Rosenblum, a three-time Oscar nominee, discusses "The Birth of a Nation"
- Editor Joe Walker, an Oscar nominee for "12 Years A Slave," talks about cutting "Arrival" directed by Denis Villeneuve.
- Additional names to be announced
Visual Effects & Animation + Top Ten VFX & Animation Chart
A look at the latest developments in the VFX/animation marketplace and our 3rd quarterly Top Ten VFX & Animation Chart of 2016 -- with backstory on the #1 Chart entry.
Music & Sound + Top Ten Tracks Chart
A rundown of news & developments in the music and sound space, as well as the 3rd quarterly Top Ten Tracks Chart of the year -- & the strategic/creative considerations behind the #1 entry.
SHOOT's tradition of seeking out new talent continues as we bring a new crop of emerging directors to readers' attention. We don't release names before the issue is out but here's a hint...
- a director with a narrative feature recognized at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, and a documentary having just debuted at the Toronto International Film Fest, now makes a concerted effort to advance his career in commercials and branded content.
- a filmmaker who's made a mark with her work for ESPN's "30 for 30" short film series as well as an online show for espnW.com. She now lands her first formal production house affiliation for commercialmaking and branded content.
- a director best known for his TV series endeavors--which include episodes of "Broad City," "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," and "Wrecked"--breaks into commercials and branded content.
- A director whose debut documentary debuted at this year's Sundance Film Festival lands his first production company roost for spots and branded content.
"VR & AR: Creating Immersive Experiences" Sponsored Feature:
Includes editorial coverage + digital & print marketing!
SHOOT is pleased to present the second in a series of special VR & AR sponsored features. Based on the final line-up of sponsoring companies, the feature will focus on key areas spanning production, creative and technical resources and services. SHOOT seeks sponsors who are leaders in the field, including production, post & VFX cos, spatial audio providers, headset & camera manufacturers & storage/workflow solution cos. In addition to appearing in the SHOOT Oct/Nov. Issue & PDF version, the feature will appear on SHOOT's digital platforms SHOOTonline.com, The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters, SHOOT Publicity Wire and "Brand New[s]".
- Company executive will be interviewed for the feature that will run across all digital & print platform (SHOOT editor, Bob Goldrich, will be conducting the phone interviews between 10/13-10/19)
- Print Ad in the Oct/Nov. Issue (& PDF version) inside the feature article - choice of 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, Full Page or Two page spread 4C Ad.
- 300x250 Banner space on SHOOTonline.com for 4 weeks from 10/28-11/28
- 180x150 banner space on 6 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters on 10/28, special Directors>e.diton on 10/31, 11/4, 11/11 & 11/18. 11/25 and on five SHOOT Dailies email newsletters on 10/31, 11/1, 11/2, 11/3 & 11/4.
- A PDF of the feature article for promotional use
- 25 copies of the Oct/Nov. Issue
- SHOOT Publicity Wire Release -- SHOOT will create & publish a publicity release on The SPW on 11/2 for each sponsoring company that will have excerpt from the feature article about their company. (Release will go out in the 11/2 Brand New[s] email newsletter.
Click Here to see release created for The Mill for the last feature.
Chat Room Interview
Margaret Johnson, newly named chief creative officer of Goodby Silverstein & Partners
Film commission, lensing and incentive developments impacting feature, TV, commercial, music video, short film and interactive production with AFCI Locations & Global Finance Show Preview
Event Bonus Distribution
- Visual Effects Society (VES) Summit: Oct. 29, Beverly Hills
- ICG Emerging Cinematographer Awards - Oct. 30, NYC
- ICG Emerging Cinematographer Awards - Nov. 13, Atlanta
- Hollywood Professional Alliance (HPA) Awards - Nov. 17, Los Angeles
- Space Reservations: October 18
- Ad PDF File Due: October 21
- AD PDF File Final Extension: Monday 10/24, 9:00PM PST
For more information & space reservations, please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer
via email or 203/227-1699, ext 13
Ask about our special 4th Quarter Rate Offers!
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for commercial and entertainment production & postproduction; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work and profiles/interviews with industry news makers. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising and entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit SHOOTonline.com® Follow SHOOT on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram #SHOOTonline
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post,celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2016 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.