- Monday, Nov. 21, 2016
SHOOT Magazine, the leading publication for commercial and entertainment production, announced today the feature line-up and closing dates for its 2016 Year-End Issue. This high-profile issue will publish on Friday, December 16, 2016. The content will appear across all SHOOT Platforms and be published in PDF version, SHOOTonline digital version, The SHOOT >e.dition and SHOOT Dailies.
A tradition for almost 56 years, SHOOT's year end issue sums up the creative and business highlights of the year with a look at the best work and news that shaped the year. This special issue will put the year into context in terms of work, trends, significant developments and lessons learned. It's a must-keep issue that is referenced by a cross-section of the industry.
Here's a look at what's planned for the issue....
Ad Agency Executives "Year in Perspective" Survey:
As the end of the year draws near, SHOOT takes a look at the highs and lows, putting 2016 into context and setting the stage for what might be in the offing for 2017. A cross-section of leading advertising agency chief creative officers, Heads of Production and Heads of Music reflect on the most important lessons learned, best work produced this year, and the most significant industry trends, themes and developments to emerge in 2016.
Here's a look at some of the agency execs we'll be hearing from...
- Andrew Bruce, CEO, Publicis Communications, North America
- Ben Casey, CEO, Spinifex
- Markham Cronin, founding partner/chief creative officer, Markham & Stein
- Sally-Ann Dale, chief creation officer, Droga5 New York
- Cedric Devitt, chief creative officer, Big Spaceship
- Jim Elliott, global chief creative officer, Arnold Worldwide
- Paul Greco, director of music & radio production, J. Walter Thompson, New York
- Greg Hahn, chief creative officer, BBDO New York
- Kate Hildebrant. VP/director of content production,Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Pamela Hopkins, partner/COO/director of production, Hyperboulous LLC
- Will McGinness, partner/executive creative director, Venables Bell & Partners
- Matt Murphy, partner, executive creative director, 72andSunny, LA
- Bobby Pearce, managing partner/chief creative director, David&Goliath
- Jaime Robinson, chief creative officer/co-founder, JOAN
- Rich Silverstein, founder/co-chairman, Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- John Stapleton, chief creative officer, 22squared
- Madison Wharton, chief production officer, DDB New York
- Additional execs to be announced
Best Work of the Year Charts
What work really shined in 2016? SHOOT publishes its annual hugely popular End-of-the-Year Top 5 Charts...
- Top 5 Spots of the Year
- Top 5 Best Work You May Never See of the Year
- Top 5 VFX & Animation Work of the Year
- Top 5 Music Tracks of the Year
Road to Oscar, Part 6
SHOOT continues its special 15-Part Road to Oscar series with interviews and profiles of executives and artisans involved in films generating Oscar buzz.
Here's a look at who we'll be hearing from this issue...
- Director/writer Barry Jenkins reflects on "Moonlight"
- Director Pablo Larrain who's in the awards conversation on the strength of two films: "Jackie" and Chile's entry into the best foreign language film Oscar competition, "Neruda"
- Director Ang Lee and producer Marc Platt discuss "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk Home" and the promise of accelerated frame rates.
- Cinematographer Linus Sandgren takes us to "La La Land"
- Director Martin Scorsese reflects on "Silence" as does actor Andrew Garfield.
- Cinematographer Bradford Young shares insights into "Arrival," his first collaboration with director Denis Villeneuve.
- Additional names to be announced; the above is subject to change.
Click Here to see PDF reprint of the Oct/Nov 2016 Road to Oscar feature, print version.
Click Here to see PDF reprint of the Jan 2015 Road to Oscar feature, print version.
Click Here to see digital online versions of past Road to Oscar features
Click Here for information on SHOOT Academy Season FYC Advertising.
Advertising Agency of the Year: McCANN New York
They took us on a bus ride to Mars for Lockheed Martin, bringing new dimension and meaning, literally, to VR as a storytelling vehicle--and in the process won assorted accolades, including 19 Cannes Lions. They satirized stereotypes about why women are underrepresented in computer science via a series of videos for Girls Who Code. They generated intense debate about gun control with the satirical “Toddlers” PSA for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. For Microsoft their “Woman Made” campaign shows girls citing the likes of Einstein, Edison and Tesla when asked to name inventors, underscoring that the achievements of males dominate what’s learned in school. Filling that gap is an anthem spot introducing us--and them--to assorted female inventors, inspiring these girls to make their own strides in science, technology, engineering and math. This is just some of the groundbreaking fare that came from McCann New York in 2016, providing a taste of what makes it SHOOT’s Agency of the Year.
For insights into the creative culture and inner workings at McCann, SHOOT will connect with among others...
- Nathy Aviram, chief production officer
- Sean Bryan and Tom Murphy, co-CCOs of McCann NY
- Kathy Love, executive integrated producer
- Rob Reilly, McCann Worldgroup creative chairman
- Eric Silver, chief creative officer of McCann North America
Congratulating McCANN New York or joining the group industry congratulations Ad is a great way to promote your company!
Join SHOOT in congratulating The McCANN by creating your own Congratulations Ad or placing your logo on the Production Industry Group Ad.
Group Ad Info:
Ad Material: Email us your Logo in EPS format by 12/6.
Bonus: We'll provide you with space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/16 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter that will go to 28,000 opt-in subscribers (banner value: $375.)
Click Here to see the 2015 Ad Agency of the Year Feature "The Martin Agency" with "Congratulations" Ads
Click Here to see the 2014 Ad Agency of the Year Feature "BBDO NY" with "Congratulations" Ads
Click Here to see the 2013 Ad Agency of the Year Feature "Grey Advertising" with " Congratulations" Ads
Click Here to see the 2012 Ad Agency of the Year Feature "Wieden+Kennedy" with " Congratulations" Ads
Click Here to see the 2011 Ad Agency of the Year Feature "TBWA\Chiat\Day" with "Congratulations" Ads
Click Here to see the 2010 Ad Agency of the Year "Goodby, Silverstein & Partners" Feature with "Congratulations" Ads
Past Ad Agency of the Year Congrats advertisers have included Anonymous Content, Black Iris Music, Chelsea, CO3|Beast|Method Studios, Community Films, Dictionary Films, Elias Arts, Foundation Content, Framestore, G.E.M.S, harvest, hybrid, Lost Highway, Machine Head, Moxie Pictures, Nomad, O Positive, Park Pictures, Pulse Music, Sonic Union, Sound Lounge, Station, The Artists Co., The Mill, The Mission, The Whitehouse.
We hope that you will consider joining us this year! The December issue will not only have McCann New York's full attention but creative & production execs at advertising agencies, brands, movie studios & Cable/TV/Online networks all over the country will be reading with great interest -- making it the perfect time to tell them about your company!
Visual Effects & Animation + The SHOOT Top 10 VFX & Animation Chart
The last of this year's quarterly Top 10 VFX & Animation Charts shines a light on some of the top visual effects & animation from the previous 3 months with backstory on the #1 Chart entry plus a look at some of the latest VFX & Animation developments.
Music & Sound + The SHOOT Top 10 Music Tracks Chart
The final installment of 2016's quarterly Music & Sound Top Ten Tracks Charts, looking at the best work of the previous 3 months, accompanied by the backstory on the #1 Chart entry. Plus, news from the world of music & sound.
Sponsored Feature: VR & AR, Creating Immersive Experiences
Last chance this year to take advantage of this GREAT opportunity that includes editorial coverage + package of digital & print marketing!
Based on the final line-up of sponsoring co. or cos., feature article will focus on key areas spanning production, creative and technical resources and services. SHOOT seeks sponsors who are leaders in the field, including production and post houses, VFX Cos., spatial audio providers, headset and camera-makers. In addition to appearing in the SHOOT Magazine & PDF version, feature will also appear on SHOOT's digital platforms SHOOTonline.com, The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters, SHOOT Publicity Wire and "Brand New[s]".
Click Here to see the print version of VR Sponsored Feature published on 8/19 that was sponsored by The Mill.
Click Here to see the digital version of the above feature.
Click Here for SPW release created for The Mill
- Company exec will be interviewed for the feature that will run across all digital & print platforms
- Print Ad in the December Issue (& PDF version) inside the feature article - choice of 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, Full Page or Two page spread 4C Ad.
- 300x250 Banner space on SHOOTonline.com for 4 weeks from 12/16-1/15
- 180x150 banner space on six SHOOT>e.dition weekly email newsletters on 12/16, 12/23, 12/30, 1/6, 1/13 and 1/20 and on five SHOOT Dailies email newsletters on 12/19, 12/20. 12/21. 12/22 and 12/23.
- A PDF of the feature article for promotional use
- 25 copies of the Dec. Issue
- SHOOT Publicity Wire Release -- SHOOT will create & publish a publicity release on The SPW on 12/21 for each sponsoring company that will have excerpt from the feature article about their company. (Release will go out in the 12/21 Brand New[s] email newsletter.
Chat Room Interview:
Composer Nicholas Britell, who scored "The Big Short" and served as a co-producer on "Whiplash," reflects on composing the music for "Moonlight" and his collaborative relationship with its director/screenwriter, Barry Jenkins.
Hot Locations Column:
Film commission, lensing and incentive developments impacting feature, TV, commercial, music video, short film and interactive production.
December Year-end Issue Advertising Deadlines
Final Space Reservations: Wednes., December 7
AD PDF File Deadline: Friday, December 9
AD PDF File Final Extension: Monday, December 12
We are pleased to offer special discount Ad Rates for this issue. .
And, here are two bonuses...
Bonus #1: PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site in PDF version of the issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline for readers to view/download.
Bonus #2: Place a 1/4 or 1/3 page Ad & get space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/16 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter(value: 375.)
Place a 1/2 page or larger Ad & get space for a 180-x150 Banners on the 12/16, 12/23 and 12/30 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters (three banners value: $1,125.)
Click Here for Print Ad Sizes/Specs
Click Here for Banner sizes and specs for SHOOTonline (website), The SHOOT>e.dition (weekly email newsletter) and SHOOT Custom Email Blasts.
Contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer, via email or at 203/227-1699, x13 for rates and space reservations - lock in your great spot today!
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for commercial and entertainment production & postproduction; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit SHOOTonline.com® Follow SHOOT on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram #SHOOTonline
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2016 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.