- Friday, Mar. 9, 2018
SHOOT is pleased to announce the content lineup for it's first semi-annual Directors and Cinematographers Issue. This March/April Issue will be in readers' hands the week of March 25. and the PDF version will be posted on SHOOTonline on March 23. The production and postproduction industry has been enjoying these special issues dating back to the publication's launch in 1960. Today the same content from print issues appears in PDF version and digital version with links to all the articles and profiles going out in the SHOOT>e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters. Special Marketing Opportunities for this issue include discount rates and digital bonuses.
Here's a look at the Issue's Distribution, Content Line-up and Marketing Options...
Print Issue Distribution
In addition to SHOOT's regular Print Issue circulation, the March/April Issue will have Bonus Distribution at:
- NAB Show in Las Vegas
- Location Managers Guild Intl (LMGI) Awards.
Bonus PDF Version Distribution
- The PDF version of your Print Ads will run with live link to each advertiser's website in the PDF version of the Issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline.com on 3/23 for additional readers to view/download. We will drive traffic to the PDF version with banner Ads in the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter for six weeks after the issue is published & we'll email the PDF Issue to the 28,000 opt-in SHOOT>e.dition subscribers on 3/27 to bring lots of added attention to the print issue advertisers.
Profiles: Leading Directors
SHOOT profiles directors spanning short and long-form fare, including features, documentaries, TV and commercials. We'll hear from...
- DeMane Davis who recently assumed the role of producing director on the Ava DuVernay primetime OWN series Queen Sugar, and continues her spot/branded content relationship with production house Sweet Rickey.
- Martin de Thurah, who won the DGA Award last month as Best Commercial Director of the Year. This marks his 2nd career DGA win, both with Epoch Films.
- Dom&Nic, the directing duo with Station Film, reflect on their multiple Cannes Lion-winning music video for The Chemical Brothers, and lauded tug-at-the-heartstrings teddy bear spots for Heathrow Airport.
- Bryan Fogel who directed Icarus, which recently won the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. Fogel is exploring short-form opportunities in the ad/branded entertainment areana via Supply&Demand.
- Luca Guadagnino, director of Call Me by Your Name, nominated for this year's Best Picture Oscar. Guadagnino is also handled by Little Minx for spots and branded content.
- Alison Klayman, who directs spots and branded content via Washington Square Films, discusses her latest documentary, Take Your Pills, which is debuting at the SXSW Festival.
- Rebecca Miller will discuss her documentary on her father titled "Arthur Miller: Writer" for HBO.
- Rudy Valdez who made his directorial debut with The Sentence, which just won the U.S. Documentary Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival. Valdez is embarking on a commercialmaking career at Park Pictures.
We'll gain insights into the creative challenges facing producers today from such notables as:
- Peter Spears, a first-time producer who became a Best Picture Oscar nominee for Call Me by Your Name.
- Alison Benson, producer of HBO's Divorce.
- Kenneth Biller, executive producer of Genius, covering season 1 on Albert Einstein, and the much anticipating season 2 on Pablo Picasso.
- Mike Medavoy, executive producer of the National Geographic limited series The Long Road Home, reflects on the project which is based on Martha Radatz's New York Times best-selling book.
- Jane Root, who's teaming with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky to produce One Strange Rock, a docuseries for National Geographic.
SHOOT identifies emerging talent that figures to make a positive impact on the storytelling landscape for years to come. While we always keep the names of the Up-And-Coming Directors under wraps until the issue is published, here's a peek at a few of the directors we've selected for coverage...
- A director who's established herself in Europe takes on her first U.S. representation, though she's already made her mark in the American ad market with a poetic sports apparel campaign.
- With a breakthrough at the recent Sundance Film Festival, a documentarian now gains his first production company roost for commercials and branded content.
- A filmmaker who got his start as an editor made his way to the director's chair based on his affinity for dance, fashion and design.
- A prolific London-based music video director emerges in the U.S. market with commercials and branded content--as well as an affiliation with a high-profile production house.
Cinematographers & Cameras
DPs share insights into their work, their collaborators and their cameras...
- Adriano Goldman reflects on his recent ASC Award win for The Crown.
- Alan Jacobsen discusses lensing Yance Ford's Strong Island, a Best Documentary Feature Oscar nominee.
- Erik Messerschmidt talks about how David Fincher launched his DP career with the Netflix series Mindhunter, which in turn opened up new opportunities in commercials and branded content
1st Quarter "Top Ten Visual Effects & Animation" Chart
The first of this year's quarterly VFX & Animation Charts shines a light on some of the top visual effects & animation from the previous 3 months with a behind-the-scenes look at the Chart topping #1 piece of work. Plus VFX & Animation column: recent news and developments.
1st Quarter "Top Ten Music Tracks" Chart
The first installment of 2018's quarterly Music & Sound Top Ten Tracks Chart, looking at the best work of the previous 3 months, accompanied by the backstory on the number one entry. Plus Music Notes column: the latest news and developments in the music production, sound design and audio post arena.
Chat Room Interview:
Pam Fujimoto, executive creative director of WONGDOODY, and co-founder of its consultancy June Cleaver Is Dead.
The latest in lensing news & developments spanning projects, incentives and film commissions.
SHOOT Marketing Opportunities
SHOOT connects commercial & entertainment buyers & sellers of creative, production, postproduction & business services to the latest industry news & trends, best new work and EACH OTHER!! In today's highly competitive environment, getting noticed by production and postproduction decision-makers at Agencies, Brands, TV/Cable/Online/Mobile Networks, and movie studios and by executives and artisans at production & post companies is no easy feat. Because your potential clients read SHOOTonline, The SHOOT>e.dition, The SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT Magazine to stay connected to what's going on in the industry and to learn about resources and options important to their everyday business and future growth, marketing in SHOOT ensures that your message will reach them. Advertise with SHOOT and/or take advantage of our other great marketing opportunities to let prospective clients know why they should connect with you. SHOOT's audience includes...
- At Agencies: Ad Agency Chief Creative Officers, Creative Directors & other creative titles, Heads of Production/Integrated Production, All levels of Producers, Heads of Music Production
- At Brands: Brand managers, production & marketing execs
- At Movie studios, TV/Cable/Online networks/OTT Services: Production, Post & marketing execs
- At Independent filmmakers & production, post, editing, VFX, animation, music & sound companies: Executives & Artisans, including, Owners, Managing Directors, Exec Producers, Producers, Showrunners, Directors, Cinematographers, Editors, Colorists, Visual Effects Supervisors /artists, Animation artists, Production Designers, Composers, Sound Designers, Audio Mixers, etc
Choose Your Marketing Message...
Market your established company; announce your company launch, new division, new location, new partner, new hires; promote your full talent roster or individual experienced or emerging artisans; showcase new work, creative & business services, hardware & software sales & rental; announce industry award & film fest nominations and honors. "For Your Consideration," "Thank You," and "Congratulations" become effective marketing messages within SHOOT's print and digital pages. Your Ad in SHOOT provides a high-impact direct link to the decision-makers you need to reach. Our digital and print platforms are packed with informative, timely & relevant news and features exploring the wonderful, crazy, challenging and exhilarating industry you are part of, providing an ideal environment that is highly conducive to your brand identity, sales, call to action and announcement messages!
...then let us help you promote it in your SHOOT Platform of Choice
Reach potential clients in the SHOOT print and digital formats they connect with every day. Whether you combine print & digital for a powerful integrated marketing approach or choose one platform to concentrate on, we can help you put together a tailor-made and cost-effective campaign to reach them.
Here's a look at our upcoming Marketing Options....
► Opportunity #1: Print Ad with Bonus PDF version & banner advertising
- PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site at no charge in PDF version of issue that is posted on SHOOTonline for additional readers to view/download. SHOOT will drive traffic to PDF version with banner Ads for six weeks after the issue is published and email the full PDF version to the SHOOT>e.dition's 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 3/27.
- Place a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180 x150 Banner on the 3/23 SHOOT>e.dition at no charge ($375. value)
- Place a 1/2 to a 3/4 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 3/23 SHOOT>e.dition & 3/26 Director's & DP's SHOOT>e.dition. (value: $750.)
- Place a Full Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 3/23, 3/26 & 3/30 SHOOT>e.ditions (value: $1,125.) -AND- a 300x250 Banner on SHOOTonline.com for 2 weeks: 3/23-4/6 (value: $1,050.)
► Opportunity #2: Content Marketing Package
Let SHOOT help you tell your story with a company profile or feature that will run across all digital and print platforms. The following marketing elements are included...
- One or two-page artice with either a 1/4 page or 1/2 page Ad to be published in SHOOT Magazine Print Issue. SHOOT editor will interview company executive to create the content.
- PDF version of of Profile with Ad & live link to company website will run in PDF version of Issue posted on SHOOTonlineor readers to view/download. The Issue's PDF version will also be emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
- Digital version of the content portion will be published on SHOOTonline with links to it going out in The SHOOT>e.diton and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters.
- Space for a 180x150 banner on four SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters starting week the issue is out and digital version goes live. File formats: JPEG, GIF or Animated GIF – max file size: 50K.
- Space for a 300x250 banner to run on SHOOTonline.com for 30 days
- PDF Reprint
- 10 Copies of the Print Issue
- Single Page Marketing Package: $4,000. net (rate card value: $7,250. net)
- Two Pages Marketing Package: $6,500. net (rate card value: $11,150. net)
- Click Here for Sample of 1 Page profile with 1/4 page Ad for AFS Productions:
- Click Here for Samples of 1 Page profiles with 1/2 page Ads for Levithan, Optimus, Troll Pictures, Foundation, Flavor, Hybrid Edit:
- Click Here for Sample of a Two Page feature with 1/2 page Ad for The Mill
Click Here for Content Marketing Reservation Form
March/April Issue Advertising Deadlines
Space Reservations: March 14
Ad PDF Files Due: March 16 (final extension 3/19)
Click Here to contact SHOOT for Rates for this special issue.
Click Here for Print Ad Specs
More Great Marketing Options...
Start a 30-day SHOOTonline.com Banner or SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter Banner
Become a SHOOT Member & start posting your MySHOOT Profile
Post your Company MySHOOT Profile to promote your company and artisans - directors, DPs, Editors, VFX artists, Music talent & more. It's easy to get started--simply become a SHOOT Member. Company and Individual memberships available. As soon as you become a member you can post your profile and take advantage of the other benefits of membership. Join the SHOOT members who have already posted their Company Profiles, including harvest, charlieuniformtango, Story, ContagiousLA, Digital Domain, Altered.LA, PSN and more.
The SHOOT Publicity Wire Service
Find Out Here how to post Full Release with Photos, Links & Video ($60.) or just a Video
of new work with description & credits ($20.) on The SHOOT Publicity Wire.
Click Here for information
SHOOT FREE Classifieds
SHOOT has relaunched its hugely popular classified section in a new Digital way!
Click Here for information.
Become a Sponsor of the 2018 SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum & 16th Annual New Directotrs Showcase Event
Join SHOOT on May 23rd at the DGA in NYC as a Sponsor of this year's event. Sponsorship provides high-profile industry exposure before, during and after the event.
Click Here for Sponsor details.
For more information, ad rates & space reservations, please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer.