- Tuesday, May. 16, 2017
The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (MUAHS, IATSE Local 706) announced that the Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards honoring outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials, and live theater, will take place on Saturday, February 24, 2018 at the Novo Theatre by Microsoft at L.A. Live. The announcement was made today by Sue Cabral-Ebert, President of IATSE Local 706.
The entry and voting timeline for the 2018 Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards is:
- Lifetime Achievement & Artisan Recipients Announced Thursday, November 16,2017
- Submissions open for qualified entries Monday, October 26, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Artisan Awards voting begins Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement & Artisan Awards voting closes Friday, November 10, 2017 (5:00 pm PST)
- Deadline for submission of qualified entries close Friday, November 17, 2017 (5:00 pm PST)
- Nominations voting begins Friday, December 8, 2017
- Nominations voting close Friday, December 28, 2017 (5:00 pm PST)
- Nominations announced Thursday, January 4, 2018
- FINAL voting begins Thursday, January 25, 2018
- FINAL voting closes Friday, February 16, 2018 (5:00 pm PST)
- Winners announced at the MUAHS Guild Awards Saturday, February 24, 2018
*Dates subject to change
For a complete list of the MUAHS Awards Rules and Regulations visit www.local706.org. Further inquiries regarding the MUAHS Awards rules should be directed to Kathy Sain in the MUAHS Awards Office (contact details below).
ABOUT LOCAL 706
The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, membership includes over 1,800 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood’s most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the Internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials; “live” network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland theme parks. Local 706 Members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Entertainment Emmys®, Saturn Awards®, BAFTA Awards®, and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry including their own Hollywood Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. For more info, visit local706.org or get #MUAHSawards updates on Facebook, Twitter andInstagram.