- Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017
- NEW YORK
The 2017 AMP Awards has announced the members of its 2017 Curatorial Committee, which will be led by AMP Awards chair Susan Credle, global chief creative officer of FCB. The panel, which will meet in New York in late April to review all category finalists and choose the competition’s coveted Best in Show winner, is comprised of music, record label and publishing executives as well as top ad agency creatives, producers and music producers.
In addition, the AMP Awards has announced an extension of its entry deadline, The new deadline is 11:59 PM PST on Friday, March 3. All entries must be uploaded by that time to the competition’s awards portal which can be accessed here.
The Curatorial Committee includes:
- Keith D’Arcy, SVP, creative licensing & catalog acquisition, Songs Music Publishing
- Stephanie Diaz-Matos, founder and music supervisor, Bonfire Collective
- Tom Eaton, SVP of music for advertising, Universal Music Publishing
- Paul Greco, director of music & radio production, J. Walter Thompson
- Jeff Howard, president of national sales, iHeartMedia
- Paul Kamzelas, group creative director; BBH
- Tanya LeSieur, chief production officer, TBWA\Chiat\Day
- Claude Mitchell, coordinating director of music, ESPN
- Alex Moulton, executive creative director, Trollback
- Nick Sonderup, creative director, Ogilvy & Mather
- Rani Vaz, sr. VP and director of music and radio production, BBDO
“We’re very excited to have such an impressive group of professionals taking part in the final judging process for the 2017 AMP Awards,” said Jason Menkes, partner and EP at COPILOT Music + Sound and president of the Association of Music Producers, sponsors of the Awards. “Their diverse backgrounds underscore the importance of advertising to the music industry and the immeasurable contribution music and sound makes to the success of an advertising message or campaign. That they’ve agreed to come together to help us select the best of the best is not only a testament to our competition, but to the entire advertising music industry, and for that we’re grateful.”
The AMP Awards will be presented at its gala awards presentation, set for Tuesday, May 23, at the Diamond Horseshoe at the Paramount Hotel in the Theatre District. The event includes the annual AMP Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which recognizes a major advertiser for its use of music and sound to help define its brand. Prior inductees have included Volkswagen, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Budweiser, Nike, Chevrolet and Pepsi.
The AMP Awards is the only juried advertising contest to focus on the unique contributions made to the industry by creators and producers of music and sound. This year’s awards also marks the 20th anniversary of the founding of its sponsoring organization, the Association of Music Producers, which was founded in 1997 to promote the work of advertising’s music and sound companies and audio mixing and recording facilities.