Producers Advice Survey May 2017
Thank you for participating in SHOOT's May 2017 Producers Advice Survey!
As we approach our May 25th SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum & 15th Annual New Directors Showcase Event at the DGA in NYC, it's the ideal time to ask a variety of production industry leaders--production company heads, entertainment production executives and ad agency heads of production --to share some tips, words of encouragement or advice that might be helpful to emering directors and producers as they embark on their careers.
We'd love to hear your thoughts on what you might say if a director and/or producer who is just starting out came to you for advice. Here are a few topics you might consider addressing or feel free to focus on other issues that you feel are relevant...
- getting production company representation or an agent
- how freelance directors can get an ad agency's attention
- how to obtain financing for a film or TV project
- what to put and not put on a reel
- how to figure out which film festivals to enter
- What technology is a "must be proficient in" to suceed today
- how to balance career and personal life
- or, anything else that you've learned along the way that you think might be helpful to others.
We're also interested in hearing about a recent project of yours. Please respond to the questions below keeping each answer with the word count limit.
We know that this expert feedback will make for a fantastic article that will be enjoyed by our entire audience plus attendees at several important industry events -- and especially appreciated by up-and-coming directors and producers.
Deadline: May 8th
We must have your contact information, 300dpi headshot and responses by Monday, May 8th, 9PM PST
Where The Survey Article will appear
Your responses will appear with your headshot, name, title and company name on SHOOTonline.com and in The SHOOT>e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters on May 19th.
Excerpts of selected responses will also appear in SHOOT's May/June print issue (out 5/19). The isue will also include profiles of all of the directors in the SHOOT 2017 New Directors Showcase, kick-off feature to our 15-part Road to Emmy series, and we'll hear from some agency creatives about the Cannes Lions juries they'll be parti of.
In addition to our regular circulation, the Issue will have bonus distribution at the following events:
- SHOOT Director/Producers Forum and 15th Annual New Directors Showcase
- Basecamp area of the AICP Next Awards and AICP Show
- Cine Gear Expo
- Producers Guild Produced By L.A. Conference
- Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity
Great Advertising Opportunity
SHOOT is pleased to offer special discount rates for print and digital advertising this May and June!
Click Here for more information on the May/June Issue.
Click Here to request our special discount Ad Rates for SHOOT Magazine's May/June Issue and SHOOTonline/SHOOT>e.dition banner advertising.
Thanks again for participating in this survey article!
Publisher & Editorial Director
SHOOT Magazine/SHOOT online
203/227-1699, ext. 13