Become a Sponsor of the 2017 SHOOT Producers/Directors Forum
& 15th Annual New Directors Showcase Event!
The next event will take place in May (date TBA) 2017 at the Directors Guild of America's DGA Theatre in NYC. It will be the 15th year of the Showcase and our 13th year at this great venue. Something very special about this event is that we don't charge for qualified industry executives and artisans to attend. SHOOT and our Sponsors incur all the charges for the event. Since our Sponsors make this annual event possible, we provide an enormous amount of industry exposure & promotion value for them starting two months before, during and for a full year after the event.
The Directors/Producer Forum & New Directors Showcase is an important face-to-face extension of SHOOT Magazine and SHOOTonline's ongoing mission to provide vital news and information about the creation, production & postproduction of commercial, branded content, movie & television content, to search out new talent, new work and new technology necessary to its readers across all segments of the advertising & entertainment industries – AND TO - serve as a conduit between ad agencies, brands, entertainment cos, production & post cos/services & technology providers to help them come together as part of one community —opening doors to create new work, new business, new opportunities, and new partnerships. While we do this all year long online and in print, it's a great pleasure every May to be able to facilitate the same thing face to face.
Why Become a SPONSOR? Say YES to...
- Exposing your company to a broad range of potential entertainment & commercial clients.
- Enhancing your company profile and position as an industry leader.
- Receiving marketing & promotion before, during and after the event that is only available to Sponsors.
- Showing support for up-and-coming talent and for the future growth of the industry at large.
- Helping us make this unique networking and perspective-sharing event possible.
More than 400 commercial & entertainment production industry creative execs & artisans including directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, production & post company owners, TV & film production execs, agents, ad agency creative directors, heads of production, producers and brand marketers. In addition many of the directors selected for the New Directors Showcase attend, gaining insights from established directors and producers during the day, setting the stage for the evening Showcase which provides industry exposure for the work of up-and-coming talent. The event helps to advance the next generation of directorial talent and provides valuable industry info & perspective for everyone attending. The new directors are always excited to be part of the event and their optimism rubs off on everyone. SHOOT heavily covers the event after, bringing it to the attention of our full audience on SHOOTonline (40,000 unique visitors per month) and in our email newsletters.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2016 SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum afternoon panels & speakers.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2016 SHOOT New Directors Showcase evening Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for photos from the 2015 evening NDS Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for Coverage of the 2015 SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum afternoon panels & speakers.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2015 New Directors Showcase evening Screening, panel & after-party.
Click Here for photos from 2015 evening NDS Screening, panel & after-party.
Click here for coverage of the 2014 Directors/Producers Forum Sessions & New Directors Showcase:
Click Here for 2017 SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum & New Directors Showcase Event Registration info.
Directors/Producers Forum 1:30-5:00PM Daytime Agenda
A series of panel discussions and Q&A sessions featuring leading directors, commercial & entertainment production execs and artisans sharing their expertise, helping to define opportunities in an evolving marketplace spanning advertising and entertainment (and the coming together of those two worlds) and the tools needed to take advantage of these opportunities.
Speakers and panels to cover...
- Producers Perspectives: The Evolving Advertising & Entertainment Industries; Key Creative, Production & Business Issues
- Content & Technology: Creative Production & Post Tools; Cameras, Digital Workflow Solutions and Virtual Reality
- In the Directors Chair Interview: Leading Director one-on-one with SHOOT editor
- Advertising & Entertainment Legal Issues
- Panelists and Speakers to be announced week of May 2nd.
New Directors Showcase 5:30-10:00PM Screening, Panel & After Party Evening Agenda
- SHOOT and The DGA welcome audience. SHOOT thanks Sponsors.
- (Lead sponsors are welcome to have a company spokesperson address the audience for a few minutes)
- Screening of the 2017 New Directors Showcase reel featuring 25-30 directors’ work selected from the January-March SHOOT New Directors Search.
- Click Here for info on the New Directors Search.
- Click Here for last year's New Directors Showcase Reel/photos, etc.
- Following the screening will be a panel discussion with several leading Industry executives and several of the featured new directors. Discussion will include the opportunity for each new director to introduce him or herself and discuss his/her work.
After the panel, we'll head downstairs at the DGA for the after-party. New directors mingle with more experienced directors, event sponsors, ad agency producers & creatives and members of the commercial & entertainment production & post community. The party is always a great time with a fantastic mix of guests.
Sponsors receive high-profile marketing & promotion before, during and after the event.
Here's a look at the marketing elements that promote Sponsor Names and/or Logos...
- SHOOT Forum & New Directors Showcase Publicity Releases on The SHOOT Publicity Wire with links to them appearing in the Brand New[s] email newsletter. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in releases)
- SHOOT event preview articles that will run on SHOOTonline with links to them appearing in the SHOOT Dailies & SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in articles)
- Multiple Email Blast Invitations to SHOOT database of 45,000 emails go to commercial & entertainment production & post decision-makers: execs & artisans at Agencies, Brands, TV/Cable/Online Networks, Movie Studios, Cos & independent Filmmakers. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in sponsor logos)
Click Here to see web version of email blast invitation from last year.
- Event Ad on bottom of weekly SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters during April & May.
Click Here to see web version of >e.dition with bottom Ad.
- Event Landing/Registration Page on SHOOTonline.com (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor logos)
- Registration Confirmation email that goes out when someone registers to attend the event.
Click Here for confirmation email from last year.
- NDS Search & Forum/Showcase Ads in the April & May/June SHOOT print issues & PDF versions. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor logos in PDF versions)
Click Here for April Ad. This same Ad is running as an Interstitial on SHOOTonline in April & May.
- SHOOT event articles published after the event. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in articles)
- PDF Directory of contact info of all event registrants/attendees that is made available to all attendees after the event. Sponsor Logos and URLs are prominently displayed.
- Forum & New Directors Showcase Program handed to every attendee at check-in for the afternoon & evening agendas. (sponsor URLs will also appear in the programs)
Click Here for last year's program.
- SHOOT will run Forum/NDS Event Banner Ads on SHOOTonline.com, The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters from March-May that will link to the landing/registration page. (Registraton Page Sponsor logos will have links to Sponsors’ websites)
- Welcome Poster in lobby of DGA Theater.
Click Here for last year's poster.
- Giant Opening credits with Sponsor Logos will appear on screen at the DGA Theater prior to & during both the Forum & NDS Agenda opening remarks.
Click Here for last year's welcome screen.
- New Directors Showcase Website that will go live after the event for industry to view the New Directors Showcase reel and read about the directors. Sponsor logos/company info appears with links to Sponsors’ websites. This site will stay live for a full year.
Click Here to see 2016 Sponsors info
Sponsor Benefits also include...
- Guaranteed event registration for Sponsors' staff/guests (up to 20 registrations for Lead Sponsors, up to 12 for Silver Sponsors, up to 6 for Bronze Sponsors & up to 3 for Supporters.)
- Potential panelist opportunity for an executive or artisan from Sponsor companies.
- Sponsors may provide promotion material/items to be displayed/given out at the event in check-in area. ($250. charge for non-sponsors)
- Sponsors may purchase Ad Space in SHOOT's May/June Issue that will be given out at the SHOOT Forum & NDS Event at a 25% discount.
(Issue will also go to SHOOT's regular circulation and will have bonus distribution at several other industry events including the Cannes Lions Festival)
- In addition to the PDF Directoy of Registrants/attendees, mentioned above, SHOOT will provide sponsors with a spreadsheet file of registrants/attendees contact info WITH email address to use for their own promotion 2 weeks after the event.
- Lead Sponsor: $15,000.
- Silver Sponsor: $10,000.
- Bronze Sponsor: $ 5,000.
- Industry Supporter: $ 2,500. (new level for 2017)
2016 Sponsors were...
Lead: harvest, Company 3, DGA
Silver: Gartner, The Devil You Know, FKKS
Bronze: Palace Productions/Mediavision
Other Past Sponsors include...
Argyle Brothers, Anonymous Content, ARRI, Backyard, Biscuit, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe, Film US Virgin Islands, Form, Getty Images, Hungry Man, Kodak, Light Iron, Method Studios, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, One at Optimus, Pump Audio, RSA, Sony, T3 Media, Tool of NA and the West Virginia Film Office
Join us as a sponsor of the SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum & 15th Annual New Directors Showcase Event and you'll receive incredible industry exposure for your company before, during and for a full year after the event.
Sponsor Deadline: April 28, 2017
Confirm Sponsorship as soon as possible to maximize your industry exposure prior to the event!
Please contact me with any questions. I would be happy to speak by phone at your convenience.
Roberta Griefer, SHOOT Publisher & Event Producer
203/227-1699, ext 13 or get in touch with me via email